dyslexia a2 z – Voice Recognised Software VRS

Disabled Students

Technology in the hands of businessmenIf you think you may have Dyslexia, and you are a student in higher education (or intending to go) you may be able to claim ‘Disabled Students’ Allowance’ (DSA). You can use this to pay for specialist equipment or tuition.

Disabled Student’s Allowance (DSA) is available for students in the UK, who are studying for a full-time course at university, (this may also apply to the Open University).

You will need to have a full educational psychologist report. If this shows positive for dyslexia / dyscalculia, a grant of approximately £5,000 is available and can be used to pay for specialist equipment and tuition (including study skills). This grant is not ‘means tested’.

The reason for these extra provisions is because dyslexic students often take much longer to complete their work. These extra allowances, give them a ‘level playing field’.
The psychologists we use are fully qualified and independent professionals with a great deal of experience of Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Dysgraphia, Dyspraxia, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Nonverbal Learning Difficulties (NLD) and other Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLDs).

There is a lot more information in my book, ‘Dyslexia and Other Learning Difficulties – An Essential Guide’. Fantastic independent book reviews, available from: Need2Know.