dyslexia education centres

Private Tuition for dyslexic students

Lettere01gorgoIf your child is struggling at school – private tuition can make all the difference.

In the UK, there are a few, private education Centres that operate between 9.00am to 6.30pm, Monday to Friday (and often on Saturday mornings).

These Centres have thousands of pounds of specialist teaching and testing equipment. Their staffs are highly qualified specialist and dedicated members of a team. Children usually work for one-hour sessions. These sessions are then split into six ten-minute slots so that the child does not become bored and each activity is different from the previous one.
The school can make an, ‘approved absence’ for an ‘education activity’. The children usually come out of school for an hour once or twice each week.

Most schools are quite happy for this. The children may miss a little time at school, but the benefits are they are not tired at the end of the day, so they are not resentful and make rapid progress. I do not think we should expect children to do extra work after school each day (on top of their usual homework). My children would indeed have kicked up about it!

The fees for these Centres are usually approximately, £25– £50 per hour.

Education Centres that Specialise in Dyslexia.
The majority of education centres in the UK, which specialise in dyslexia, are private.

(At the moment, I think there is just a couple in the state sector.) Some of these schools are only for dyslexic pupils; the others have dyslexic units attached to them.

Schools for Dyslexics or Education Centres for Dyslexics are usually the best place for children with severe dyslexia.

Children who attend these establishments thoroughly enjoy themselves because they are ‘the same’ as everyone else.

The majority of these centres/schools take students for a period (approximately two years), and then the children go back into mainstream schooling.

There are specialist education centres/schools for specific learning difficulties/dyslexia, which are approved by the Independent Schools Joint Council and the Council for the Registration of Schools.