What is it called, when you can read scrambled words?

What is it called when you can easily read scrambled words like the following nonsensical sentence:

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.

Have you received an email telling you that you possess some rare cognitive ability?  Or, if you can read it you must have a really high IQ?

The ability to read and comprehend reading ‘scrambled words’ is called ‘typoglycemia’.

Apparently, if the first and last letter of each word is in the correct place and all the rest of the letters are in the word, most English speakers can comprehend (read) this and make sense of the sentence.  I wonder if people with dyslexia find it just as easy to read this type of sentence as other people or if they struggle with it more?

I understand that the term, typoglycemia, is not in the dictionary at the moment but is used purely for research purposes.



Dated:  March 2017